We respect your privacy. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. We collect information about you through our website in an effort to improve your shopping experience. We would like to communicate with you about our services, products and promotions.
We will record your personal information in the following ways:
- Process and fulfil your order (Send your emails to confirm your orders and shipment)
- Communicate with you and to send you more information by email, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- Administer and fulfil our promotions
- Help us to improve our website design, products and services
- Enhance your shopping experience
- Contact you if necessary
- Analyse trends and statistics
What kind of personal information do we collect?
- Your personal details such as name, address, telephone number, Email address and age
- Your customer reference number after you sigh up with our website
- What, where, when and how you buy from us or have expressed an interest in buying from us
- Your likely preferences, such as whether you will be interested in particular products or promotions.
- We may collect and hold other types of personal information, such as debit or credit card you might use for your purchases from us.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We collect and record personal information about you when:
- You register with us, create an account
- You communicate with us online or contact us
- You take part in our promotions, competitions and surveys
We may also collect your personal information by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests.
Your details will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided them and will never be added to any mailing list. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so. All your data is saved on a secure server behind a secure firewall.
How do we protect personal information?
How to enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact us at: www.wiseguy.co.nz
, calling us on 04 2379196
, or by emailing us at email@example.com
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
Correction: If you need to correct your personal information, please contact us at one of the above contact points.
Respecting your privacy
is committed to compliance with privacy laws which apply to its businesses and which set out standards for the management of personal information.
This policy outlines our personal information management practices. Specifically:
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- your right to access and seek correction of it;
- how you may complain about privacy matters.
There are some matters to which this policy does not apply. By using our websites and/or providing information to us by other means, you consent to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy. In some circumstances, if you do not provide us with information we may not be able to provide certain goods or services to you.
In this policy, references to “us” or “we” are references to Kolotex Limited
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following kinds:
- your personal details such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, age and gender;
- your customer reference number;
- any rewards and redemption details applicable to your membership of our loyalty programs; and
- whether you have a connection with others whose personal information we may collect or hold, for example family members who may be linked to your loyalty program membership;
- what, how and when you buy from us or have expressed an interest in buying from us;
- your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions.
Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information. For example, information collected and held via our secure financial systems about the debit or credit card you might use for your purchases from us.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
Collection of personal information: When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
- you register with us, for example to create an account, to become a member of our loyalty programs or to send you information;
- you communicate with us online;
- you take part in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys and focus groups;
- you deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided such as when you make a lay-by, please contact us.
We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests.
Most of the personal information we collect and hold about you is from your direct dealings with us. We may sometimes collect your personal information other than from you directly. For example from other suppliers who, in common with us, have a relationship with you.
Holding of personal information: Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In New Zealand, personal information will be held by Kolotex Limited. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote our goods and services to you and to improve on the range of our offerings. For example:
- to learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote our goods and services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you; and
- to assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
We disclose personal information we collect for the purposes of (or for purposes which are directly related to) the sale and promotion of our goods and services to you. We may disclose your personal information, to service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations and as part of buying or selling businesses.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes authorised by you or which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.
When marketing to you, your personal information is only ever used or disclosed for our own purposes. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this.
We may de-identify your personal information. We may do this for use and disclosure of the anonymous data to determine preferences and shopping patterns.
How can we complain about out management of personal information?
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact us at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it.
We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate.
We will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. We will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, or at any other time, you may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
We may change it periodically. If we propose to change this policy, we will display at least two weeks’ prior notice of the change on www.wiseguy.co.nz
Other privacy terms and limits of this policy
This is a policy. There may be additional privacy notices and terms relevant to you depending on the nature of your dealings with us and on our particular businesses. There are additional privacy terms in our loyalty program and for use of our online sites.
More information about privacy law and privacy principles is available from the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner may be contacted at www.privacy.org.nz